Experts in Commercial vehicle engineering
Commercial vehicles are a key part of the modern transportation mix and pose unique challenges for vehicle, engine, transmission and powertrain engineering, as well as in the operational optimisation of the logistics industry.
With its dedicated team of commercial vehicle specialists and deep technical knowledge and experience of the sector, Ricardo is a strong partner that is ideally placed to assist commercial vehicle customers.
A comprehensive and global commercial vehicle development service
- Powertrain and vehicle development capability from concept design to turnkey programmes including production implementation support
- Leading-edge technologies for performance and emissions upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Benchmark evaluation of competitor products and target setting – access to the extensive Ricardo commercial vehicle product benchmarking database
- State-of-the-art CAE tools for designing, optimising and calibrating engines, drivelines and vehicles
- Leading-edge electronics and control technology
- Full prototype and niche manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Design for low-cost manufacture, optimum fuel economy and low emissions
- Comprehensive prototype manufacture and assembly facilities
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH); pass-by noise; and sound-quality optimisation
- Comprehensive powertrain, driveline, and vehicle development and validation testing capabilities
- Hybridisation and electrification, including battery, fuel cell, and energy management and storage system development
- Life-cycle cost optimisation and warranty management